Community Users Policy
While Centre College welcome members of the community at large to use materials and facilities belonging to the Doherty Library at Centre College, Library services, materials and equipment exist primarily for use by Centre students, faculty and staff. We appreciate your cooperation in deferring to the information needs of the Centre College community.
- Community patrons wishing to check out Centre College Library books may purchase a library card for a $10.00 fee; this fee will be waived for Centre College alumni and Colonel Club members. Elementary, middle and high school students are not eligible to hold library cards.
- Community patrons may check out three books at a time. The check out period will be three weeks, and the materials may be renewed once.
- CDs, DVDs, laptops and the Kindle 2 may not be checked out by community patrons.
- The TV in the viewing room is for Centre College student and faculty use only.
- Community patrons may use the reference computers. The Circulation Supervisor or Reference Librarian will log community users on to the computer. Only three (3) reference computers may be in use by community patrons at any given time.
- A sign-out sheet for computer use will be signed by the community patron at the Reference Desk. The Reference computers may be used for a maximum of one hour. Library staff reserves the right to vacate any computer in use by a community patron if it is needed by a Centre College student.
- Community users may not install personal copies of software, including gaming software, onto computer hard drives, nor will they be permitted to connect personal gaming consoles or controllers to the machines.
- Centre College Library staff reserve the right to monitor internet usage by community patrons. Any community patron viewing material deemed inappropriate by Library staff will be required to end the computer session immediately.
- The Computer Lab is not available for community patron use.
- Community users may print documents or make photocopies for a charge of $.06 per copy (double-sided copies constitute two copies). Community patrons may also purchase prepaid copy cards at the Circulation Desk in the amount of $3.00 or $6.00.
- Study rooms are for the exclusive use of Centre students, faculty and staff only and may not be reserved or occupied by community patrons.
- For security purposes, the Grace Doherty Library has a closed wireless system that is available only to Centre students and faculty.
Last updated June 29, 2010