Library Screening Room Policy
The Screening Room, made possible courtesy of the Parents Fund, is located on the main floor of the Grace Doherty Library and available for use by Centre College faculty, students, and staff.
- The Screening Room is equipped with a wide screen HD flat panel television, sound system, combination VHS and DVD player, and seats sixteen people comfortably.
- Who May Reserve the Screening Room
- Faculty and Instructors
- College Staff
- Groups of students engaged in specific course-related viewing with written permission of the instructor.
- Centre students, faculty and staff may reserve the room on a walk-in basis, schedule permitting.
- Uses and Functions:
- Any course-related viewing
- Faculty or staff instructional programming
- Individual students or groups of students may also use the room for viewing films included on course reserves lists
- Use of the Screening Room is intended for academic purposes. Group showings for recreational purposes violates copyright regulations regarding public performance of the Library's film collection. For additional information, contact Library Director Stan Campbell
- Users of the Screening Room are asked to leave the facilities, furniture, and equipment in the configuration and condition in which they were found.
- To reserve the Screening Room in advance, contact Rita Sallee or at (859) 238-5272 Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm.
- Please check at the Library's Circulation Desk for the room key and remote control for the equipment.
- The Screening Room is available during normal library hours.
- Study rooms are for the exclusive use of Centre students, faculty and staff only and may not be reserved or occupied by community patrons.
- We regret that viewing of films from commercial sources such as Netflix or Blockbuster for entertainment purposes in the library's screening room is prohibited by copyright law.
Last updated September 1, 2008